No products in the cart.
Triangle Crochet Shawl Pattern
Triangle Shawl Crochet Pattern
This simply gorgeous shawl was created using the free triangle shawl crochet pattern by Garn Studio. It requires some experience with crochet, so if you are new to crochet, this may not be for you.
If you want to buy this beautiful Shawl, you can find it ready to ship in my Etsy Shop.
Garn Studio is a wonderful repository of patterns. However, the patterns are written in charts and can be a little hard to understand. But stick with it and it gets easier.
A Few Tips for Garn Studio Patterns
- Read the pattern from end to end. Don’t just skip to the chart.
- The pattern gives you the stitch count for every row. This stitch count can be off sometimes. If there is a small error of 2 or 3 stitches, I ignore it and adjust it in the next row.
- Get the basic idea of the pattern. This particular pattern increases 2 stitches at the beginning and end. 4 stitch increase in the middle.
- Keep an eye out for stitch increases which are not in the beginning, end and middle.
- The rows with the star (*) icon are not new rows. It is to show the last row of the previous chart. This row has already been worked. Start your rows after the Star (*) row.
- The text pattern and charts have to be used in conjunction. Refer to the text to understand when to use the different blocks of the chart.
- Feel free to modify the blocks and repeats once you get a hang of the pattern.
*Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Read full disclosure policy here.
Hook Size : 6.5 mm
ch – chain loop
sc – single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
tr – treble crochet
Height: Measured down the middle = approx. 72 cm = 38 3/8”.
Width: Measured along top = approx. 172 cm = 78 3/8”.
10 double crochets in width and 10 rows in height = 10 x 10 cm = 4” x 4”.
The original design was created using 3.5 mm crochet hook and DK weight Yarn. If you chose to use 3.5 mm hook, follow the original pattern.
The shawl I made was created using 6.5 mm crochet hook and Worsted Weight (4) Yarn. I have listed the modification that I made in the instructions below.
- Use the Pattern found in Garn Studio here. Garn studio doesn’t pay me for advertising their products. I do it because I like their patterns.
- Using the pattern, I made 1 set of each chart. A1, A2-A5, A6-A9, A10-A14, A15-19.
- I then repeated (A15-19) – 2 more times.
- I ended with A1 and decreased 2 dc evenly spaced across each side of the shawl. (so 4 DC decreases in the last row)
I know it looks hard, but give it a go and reach out to me if you need any help.
Unfortunately, I am not allowed to recreate the pattern, since it is an original Garn Studio design, but if you get stuck trying to make it, I can definitely help out.
If you want to buy this beautiful handmade shawl as a gift for someone, check out my Etsy Shop.